Website Exalt Recruitment
Senior Accountant (Gort)
This is a fulltime permanent role. 39 hours per week reporting to the Finance Controller. Successful incumbent will be responsible for completing the month-end accounts and year end statutory accounts. This involves overseeing all the sub-functions of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking & Payroll. It also involves the supervision of AP, AR & Payroll staff.
- Daily bank reconciliations & daily mass journal postings.
- Daily review of T&A anomalies for AP and AR personnel.
- Oversee the both the AP and AR processes and assist direct reports where needed. Continually seek ways of improving the overall processes.
- Complete all supplier payments via banking online including ad hoc pro forma payments.
- Oversee the weekly payroll process and approval and payment of same. Record weekly payroll journals.
- Complete the monthly payroll process in conjunction with the external payroll company.
- Review and process all employee expense claims.
- Review, circulate and process monthly company credit card statements.
- Prepare reconciliations and lead schedules for all balance sheet accounts, and carry out a detailed review of the P&L as part of the month end process.
- Issue accurate and timely monthly management accounts & executive summary to the FC, MD and parent company in the US. Review management accounts with the FC and MD and investigate any queries arising as a result.
- Compile Finance KPI’s and Metrics on a monthly basis e.g. DSO, DPO, Inventory Turns
- Complete and submit VAT returns on ROS.
- Review and submit VIES & Intrastat returns on ROS.
- Complete and submit monthly and quarterly CSO reports.
- Update and verify the Fixed Asset Registers for additions and ensure correct depreciation rates and useful economic lives are applied.
- Update the ERP system for Finance related key information e.g. accounting periods, currency rates etc.
- Support the annual Budget Process.
- Support the R&D Tax Credit Calculations.
- Support the development of annual costing rates.
- Support the Annual Stock Check and Cycle Counts if required.
Qualifications and Experience.
- A recognised Accountancy Qualification is a pre-requisite e.g. ACA, ACCA , CPA or CIMA
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience required
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Must be highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Proficient knowledge and skills in ERP applications
- Excellent computer skills, including the development of complex modelling
- Background and knowledge of lean production methods is an advantage
- Rational thinker: good business judgment even under stressful engagements.
- Ability to interface with customers, suppliers and employees, problem solve and drive solutions to meet their requirements and targets.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills, as well as presentation, organizational and management skills.
€55k – €65K plus benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org