Website Exalt Recruitment
Manufacturing Engineer (Gort Co. Galway.)
The successful incumbent will provide hands on Engineering support for production activities in our Gort facility. The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will interact with the Operations, Quality, and Product Engineering departments and provide support for Engineering and Quality Systems.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems.
- Design and develop tools and equipment, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, and soliciting helpful observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Machine, Tooling and Process Validation (IQOQPQ).
- Plans, leads, and manages execution of project activities within a cross functional team.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepares documentation for new and existing processes. Develop Manufacturing Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applies Lean manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows. Identifies, and supports the execution of improvement efforts or reduce waste in all manufacturing and business processes.
- Act as the point of escalation for all production support related issues.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Demonstrates technical ability through the application of engineering skills, approaches and knowledge.
- Follows Quality policy requirements, procedures, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Performs all duties and directs others, creating a safe working environment for our employees and our communities.
Qualifications & experience:
- B.Eng. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- Experience in analyzing process capabilities and developing and implementing product development plans and process improvement plans.
- 3+ years related experience in a high-volume assembly background involving: Machining, Welding, and Automation.
- Good project management skills in successfully executing engineering objectives and projects.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of ISO 9001/ IATF 16949 standards an advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Creo Parametric 3D modelling or similar 3D modelling software.
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD also desirable.
Very competitive. (In the region €45,000 to €55,000 but will depend on experience.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org