Website Exalt Recruitment
Design Engineer (Galway)
Full time permanent position. 39 hours per week.
- Completing detailed design drawings as guided by the Senior Design Engineer
- Liaise with customers and identify process improvement opportunities which will enhance their competitiveness and improve process yields
- Upon identifying these opportunities developing design concepts which can be explored by the interested parties.
- Provide the Senior Design Engineer the necessary information to complete a quotation and agreed the project strategy
- Once a design concept has been approved and ordered, complete working drawings and liaise with the mechanical, and process equipment supplier to bring the project to a cost effective and profitable conclusion.
- Ensure good Project Management methods applied all the way through concept, design, documentation and realisation
- Liaise with customers, research bodies and other organisations to develop and implement best practice design protocols, materials evaluations and test procedures
- Provide a full range of design support to our engineering, manufacturing and quality departments
- Building quality into all aspects of design work and project(s) completion by ensuring compliance to all quality requirements
- Ensure a comprehensive design history file is completed and maintained for all work
- Support and participate with inter departmental teams to facilitate new product/process improvements
- An engineering degree (preferably mechanical or design) or equivalent.
- 5+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Strong Solidworks and Microsoft Office skills required.
- Knowledge of DFM (Design For Manufacturing) and Materials properties.
- Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
Salary: Will depend on experience. €35k – €45k pa
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org